In the complex world that we now live in, we entrust professionals to guide and assist us – attorneys, accountants, financial advisers, trustees, and executors. We have over three decades of experience in defending fiduciaries and bringing claims on behalf of persons who have been wronged by their fiduciaries. These actions arise in state and federal courts and involve a wide array of subjects, including professional negligence, conflicts of interest, real estate and business transactions, probate and trust proceedings. When a lawyer, accountant, or trustee does their job well, he or she deserves a focused and commanding defense. When that does not happen, there has to be accountability. We have successfully defended and prosecuted fiduciary law claims. Because we have worked on both sides of fiduciary law disputes, we understanding the legal issues and practical implications of the relationship. We have insight into how to focus the case where emotions may run high, and guide our clients to a successful outcome.
- Represented attorney accused of legal malpractice, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. Defense verdict after trial.
- Represented attorneys in billing fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims arising from large development project. Claims dismissed on eve of trial.
- Represented plaintiff in legal malpractice claims against former attorney relating to professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty in real estate transaction case. Following denial of defense motion for summary judgment, case resolved in settlement for plaintiff.
- Represented beneficiary in breach of fiduciary duty case against executor and trustee. Fiduciary removed, and case thereafter resolved in settlement for plaintiff.
- Represented trustee in breach of fiduciary duty and breach of trust claims. Defense verdict after trial.
- Represented plaintiff/minority shareholder in breach of fiduciary duty claims against majority shareholder. Plaintiff's verdict after trial.